Patronus Security offer vacant property inspections – we keep an eye on your property when you’re not able to.
An empty property, whether private or commercial, offers an open invitation to trespassers, vandals and those who are generally up to no good. The damage caused by these unwanted and unauthorised visitors can be costly in both time and money. In addition to this, a vacant property can fall into a state of disrepair which attracts these unwanted visitors. Your property is an asset and it needs to remain that way.
Patronus Security UK Ltd offer a comprehensive vacant property assessment and monitoring service. We will visit your premises and carry out a full inspection. In assessing the property, we will identify and assess the risks arising from the premises being empty and recommend actions which should be taken to mitigate the risks identified. Not all actions will be costly or time consuming.
General recommendations following an assessment are
- Securing access points to the property – gates, doors, windows etc
- Replacing damaged or missing locks where necessary
- Regular meter readings
- Sealing of unused letterboxes
- The removal of graffiti
- Internal & external observations (eg. Assessing for leaks, wildlife infiltration, missing roof tiling etc.)
- Reporting breaches or issues to the landlord or managing agent
- Mobile patrols providing regular checks to the property – your eyes and ears on the ground and a visual deterrent to any would-be trespassers
- Where patrols are in operation full weekly reports will be made available to you
- Static guarding. A guard will remain on your site during vulnerable hours offering full security provision to prevent against unauthorised entry
All inspections Conform to the following requirements and standards:
Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Construction (Working Places) Regulation 1996
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 2002
- Safety Equipment BS EN 5426:1993
- Security Screening of Personnel BS 7858:2012
Your vacant property needn’t be a worry or financial burden, with a simple assessment and action plan we can give you peace of mind that your property will remain safe and secure.